Urology at Audubon Surgery Center
Audubon Surgery Center is proud to offer urology services to our patients. Urology is a specialty that deals with the organs of the urinary system, as well as the male reproductive system. Our urology team is highly trained and experienced in diagnosing and treating a wide range of conditions. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care possible, and we take great pride in our ability to offer urology services that meet the unique needs of each patient.
Some of the top procedures performed at Audubon Surgery Center include:
- Ureteroscopy: Ureteroscopy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure used to treat conditions of the urinary system. The procedure is typically performed using an ureteroscope, a thin, flexible tube equipped with a light and a camera. Ureteroscopy allows the surgeon to visualize the inside of the urethra and kidneys, and to remove stones or other obstructions. It can also be used to treat narrowing of the urethra or ureters, and to take biopsies of abnormal tissue.
- Stent placements: Stent placements are a common medical procedure used to treat a variety of conditions. Stents are small, tubular devices that are placed within the body to provide support or keep an open passageway. They are typically made of metal or plastic and can be implanted permanently or removed after a period of time. Stent placements are often used to treat coronary artery disease, urinary tract obstruction, and other conditions.
- Laser lithotripsy: Laser lithotripsy is a medical procedure used to treat kidney stones. The procedure uses a laser to break the stone into small pieces, which can then be passed through the urinary tract.
- Vasectomy reversals: Vasectomy reversals are performed to reverse a previous vasectomy. The surgery involves reconnecting the vas deferens. The success rate of vasectomy reversals varies, but it is generally higher if the procedure is done within three years of the original vasectomy.
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumor (TURBT): TURBT is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that is used to remove bladder tumors. TURBT is considered to be the gold standard for the treatment of bladder cancer, and it has a high success rate in preventing recurrence.
- Penile Implants: Penile implants are a medical device that is used to treat erectile dysfunction. The implants are usually made of silicone and are placed inside the penis.
If you or someone you know is in need of urology services, we encourage you to contact one of our skilled physicians today to learn more about what we can do for you.